Energy consumption in industry up 1.4% in 2016

By   /  November 10, 2017  /  Comments Off on Energy consumption in industry up 1.4% in 2016

    Print       Email

MIL OSI – Source: Destatis Statistisches Bundesamt – In English –

Headline: Energy consumption in industry up 1.4% in 2016

WIESBADEN – In 2016, the energy consumption in industry was 4,071 petajoules, an increase of 1.4% compared with a year earlier. The Federal Statistical Office (Destatis) also reports that energetic consumption as such (e.g. for electricity and heat production) was up 4.9%. In 2016, energetic consumption accounted for 86.5% of the total energy consumption in industry. The remaining 13.5% were not consumed in the form of fuels, instead they were used for non-energetic purposes, for instance, as a source material for chemical products. As in the previous years, the main energy sources in industry were natural gas (28%), electricity (21%) as well as mineral oils and mineral oil products (18%).For further information: Jörg Kaiser,tel: +49 (0) 611 / 75 23 07,contact form
Press release in other language
to the top

    Print       Email

You might also like...

Dr. Volker Ullrich: Schutz von Erfindungen und Gedanken kann an nationalen Grenzen nicht halt machen

Read More →