Producer prices in October 2018: +3.3% on October 2017

By   /  November 20, 2018  /  Comments Off on Producer prices in October 2018: +3.3% on October 2017

    Print       Email

Source: Destatis Statistisches Bundesamt – In EnglishProducer prices of industrial products, October 2018+0.3% on the previous month+3.3% on the same month a year earlier Enlarge picture WIESBADEN – In October 2018 the index of producer prices for industrial products rose by 3.3% compared with the corresponding month of the preceding year. In September the annual rate of change all over had been 3.2%, as reported by the Federal Statistical Office (Destatis).
Compared with the preceding month September the overall index rose by 0.3% in October 2018 (+0.5 % in September 2018 and +0.3% in August 2018).
In October 2018 the price indices of all main industrial groups increased compared with October 2017: Energy prices were up 9.4%, though the development of prices of the different energy carriers diverged. Prices of petroleum products were up 19.2%, whereas prices of natural gas (distribution) rose by 9.2% and prices of electricity increased by 9.1%. Prices of intermediate goods were up 2.3%. Prices of durable consumer goods rose by 1.7%, of capital goods by 1.4% and prices of non-durable consumer goods by 0.2%.The overall index disregarding energy was 1.6% up on October 2017 and unchanged compared with September 2018.
More detailed data and long time series are available in table Producer price indices for industrial products (61241-0006) in the GENESIS-Online database.
For further information:Producer prices,tel: +49 (0) 611 / 75 47 94,contact form

Press release in other language

to the top

MIL OSI

    Print       Email

You might also like...

Increase of dwellings permitted from January – September 2018: 2.3%

Read More →